Sweet Potatoes with Raisins and Poblano Chile Rajas
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1pound sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 6tablespoons California raisins
- 2 to 3-- (about 6 ounces) poblano chile peppers
- 1small (about 4 ounces) yellow onion
- 1cup cilantro sprigs; for garnish
- 2tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds. Shingle in greased baking dish large enough to hold slices in single overlapping layer. Brush with 1/2 tablespoon melted butter. Pre-bake for 40 minutes at 375F. Meanwhile, add 1/2 tablespoon butter to skillet over medium heat; heat to foaming. Then, add raisins and sauté lightly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Char and peel chiles. Remove and discard stems and seeds; cut into 1/4-inch strips. Peel and cut onion into 1/4-inch slices; separate into rings. Combine chile strips and onion rings; toss with remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- After 40 minutes, remove potatoes from oven and sprinkle raisins, chiles and onions on top. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes more.
- To serve, sprinkle cilantro sprigs over warm potatoes and drizzle with crème fraiche. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Chef Robert Del Grande.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 280
- Glycemic Load 15.55
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 15mg
- Sodium 85mg
- Potassium 1370mg
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugars 14g
- Protein 7g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 420%
- Vitamin C 25%
- Calcium 8%
- Iron 30%