- Yield: servings
- 1cup bulgur
- 1cup boiling water
- 1/2-- cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped red onion
- 1/4cup fresh chopped mint
- 1cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-- garlic clove, minced
- 1/3cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
1. To prepare the salad, soak bulgur in hot water until water is absorbed, 15 to 30 minutes.
2. Combine remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl; add bulgur, and mix thoroughly.
3. To prepare the dressing, blend ingredients with a whisk; pour over salad. Serve chilled or room temperature. Serves 12.
Recipe by Stacey Morris, Relish Good Food Fast, "The Joy of Not Cooking," August 2007