Tempeh with Broccoli, Walnuts and Apples
- Yield: 4 servings
This entree may be served hot or chilled. Try it warm over spinach linguine or angel-hair pasta.
- 2teaspoons canola or pure olive oil
- 8ounces tempeh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3cups small broccoli florets
- 2teaspoons water
- 1-- apple, cored and diced
- 2teaspoons grated ginger root
- 1/2cup walnut pieces
- 2teaspoons low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick nonreactive skillet over medium heat. Add the tempeh and saute 2 minutes or until browned.
- Add the broccoli and continue sauteing 2 minutes, adding a few teaspoons of water to prevent sticking. Add the diced apples, gingerroot and walnuts; saute 1 minute. Stir in tamari or soy sauce, cayenne pepper and lemon juice; heat through.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 271
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 103mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Protein 15g