Terrific Tuscan Chicken
- Yield: 2 servings
- 2-- (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 2-- Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon capers, drained
- 2tablespoons sliced black or Kalamata olives
- 1/2-- (14-ounce) can artichoke heart quarters, drained
- 1/3cup white wine or cookingwine
- 2cups baby spinach
- -- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Between two sheets of plastic wrap or wax paper, pound each chicken breast until about 1/4-inch thick. Season to taste.
- In large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook chicken breasts on both sides until done, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from skillet to serving platter.
- In same nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and cook onion until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, garlic, capers, olives, and artichokes, and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add wine, stirring, and cook until well heated. Add spinach, cooking until wilted. Return chicken to skillet and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age (2010).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 406
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 553mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 43g