Texas BBQ Beef Brisket
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1-- boneless beef brisket, flat cut (about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 pounds)
- 3/4cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2cup dry red wine
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 1tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons garlic powder
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto beef brisket. Place brisket, fat side up, in stockpot.
- Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small bowl. Pour around brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup sauce, stirring occasionally.
- Trim fat from brisket. Carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Smoker Method Variation: To smoke beef brisket, prepare charcoal or gas smoker according to manufacturer’s directions. Combine barbecue sauce and wine in small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 7 to 8 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup, stirring frequently. Reserve 1/2 cup barbecue sauce for serving. Prepare rub as above; press evenly onto beef brisket. Smoke brisket according to manufacturer’s instructions and cooking times or until fork-tender, brushing occasionally with remaining barbecue sauce. Carve brisket as above. Serve with reserved sauce.
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 258
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Monounsaturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 62mg
- Sodium 340mg
- Fiber 1.3g
- Protein 36g