Texas Grapefruit and Avocado Tortillas
- Yield: 10 servings
- 6-- (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 3-- Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 1/2-- yellow bell pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 2-- avocados, peeled and pitted
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2-- jalapeno peppers, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush tortillas with butter and cut each into 8 triangles. Arrange on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Set chips aside.
- Cut yellow bell pepper lengthwise into 1/8-by-1-inch julienne and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados with a fork until softened. Mix in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Heap about 2 teaspoons of avocado mixture on each reserved chip.
- Place a grapefruit section on top and garnish with a yellow bell pepper slice and jalapeno slice. Serve immediately.