Texas Rio Star Grapefruit and Mint Salsa
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2-- Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned (reserve 2 tablespoons juice)
- 1-- (4-ounce) jar diced pimento, drained
- 12-- fresh mint leaves, sliced into chiffonade
- 1-- fresh jalapeno, minced
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- -- Salt to taste
- Cut the grapefruit sections into chunks and set aside. Rinse and dry mint leaves. Stack the leaves and roll them starting with the bottom of the leaves, into a tight roll. Slice the roll to createthin strips or ribbons. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine grapefruit sections, mint ribbons, pimento and jalapeño.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons reserved grapefruit juice and olive oil. Pour over grapefruit mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt. Serve at room temperature over grilled fish, chicken or pork. Makes 2 to 3 cups of salsa