Thai Shrimp Soup
- Yield: 7 servings
- 6cups chicken stock
- 3stalks fresh lemongrass, lower part only, sliced diagonally into three pieces, crushed slightly
- -- zest from 1 lime
- 1small serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- scallions, white part only, minced
- 1/4cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1small red Thai chili pepper, minced
- Place the stock, lemongrass, and lime zest in a large saucepot over high heat. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the broth and return it to the saucepot. Add the pepper and shrimp and simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the shrimp are just cooked through. Stir in the lime juice.
- Garnish each bowl with scallions, cilantro, and chili pepper.
From the book You Won’t Believe It’s Salt-Free!, by Robyn Webb. Reprinted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright © 2012.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 70 cal
- Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 95 mg
- Sodium 115 mg
- Carbohydrate 4 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 11 g