Thin Mint Julep
- Yield: 1 servings
A classic Southern cocktail is reinvented to replicate everyone's favorite Girl Scout cookie!
- 1cup water
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint + more for garnish
- 2teaspoons stevia powder
- 1ounce Godiva chocolate vodka
- 1/2ounce Creme de Cacao
- ice water
- Pour 1 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower heat, add mint leaves and stevia, and stir. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Once syrup is ready, add ice, vodka, and creme de cacao to a glass, stir in 2 tablespoons of the syrup and top off with cold water. Stir to combine and add mint to garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Amber, who is from the coastal Southern town of Charleston, SC where she grew up cooking in the kitchen with her mother and grandmothers. She loves to nurture her “cuisine gene” by developing recipes for her blog Slim Pickin’s Kitchen and fixing healthy, home cooked meals for her husband. She is a recent winner of the TODAY show’s Home Chef Challenge and her recipes have been featured in various online magazines and blogs including Buzzfeed Food & Guiliana Rancic’s Fab, Fit, Fun