- Yield: 4 servings
This recipe is from Biggest Loser nutritionist Rachel Beller, who writes, "Think you don’t like tofu? Guaranteed this meal will change your mind! The tofu absorbs loads of flavor from all the spices and tomato sauce. A must try."
- Olive oil spray
- 1cup sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped fresh basil
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 2cups diced eggplant
- 2cups diced zucchini
- 2cups chopped tomatoes
- 28ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2cups firm organic tofu, drained and chopped (about one 14 oz package)
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8ounces Shirataki Noodles, rinsed (optional)
Mist a large sauté pan with olive oil spray and place it over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and sauté for 4 minutes, then toss in the onion, basil, thyme, and garlic and cook 4 minutes more. Add the eggplant and zucchini and sauté for 4 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add the tofu cubes, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes, gently stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the cumin, salt, pepper, and noodles, if using.
Reprinted with permission from Eat to Lose, Eat to Win: Your Grab-and-Go Action Plan for a Slimmer, Healthier You by Rachel Beller, MS, RD, William Morrow, 2013.