Tofu Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2cup soy sauce
- 1/4cup creamy peanut butter
- 1package (12 ounces) extra firm tofu
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1package (16-ounce) bag frozen stir fry blend vegetables
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and peanut butter and set aside. There may be some clumpy bits, but that’s okay; they will cook and melt together.
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with a paper towel, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat for 1 minute, then add the tofu cubes and sprinkle with the salt. Cook for 1 minute, then add 1/4 cup of the peanut butter mixture and cook for 4 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup of the peanut butter mixture to the pan and whisk until smooth, then add the frozen vegetables and cook for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked through. Return the tofu to the pan, stir, and serve and enjoy.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Five-Ingredient Recipes © 2016 by Philia Kelnhoffer, The Countryman Press