- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1-- onion, chopped
- 1clove garlic, chopped
- 8ounces firm tofu, drained
- 1cup diced tomato
- 6-- mushrooms, sliced
- 1-- carrot, grated
- 1/2-- zucchini, grated
- 1tablespoon tamari
- 1tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 12-- taco shells
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for about 7 minutes or until golden.
2. Add tofu, tomato, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini and tamari and sauté for about 6 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
3. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds on top. Fill taco shells equally with mixture.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds: Place seeds on a baking sheet and toast in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven, stirring once or twice, for about 5 minutes or until fragrant and golden.
–Excerpted from "The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes" by Marie-Claude Morin, Robert Rose Inc. 2011.www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.