Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Yield: 8 servings
Serve over thinly sliced toasted Italian or French bread for a bruschetta-style pick up.
- 2cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 2ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 3tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- -- Salt and pepper to tast
- In bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, and prosciutto. Add remaining ingredients, tossing well. Refrigerate until serving. Makes 2 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 207
- Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 21mg
- Sodium 144mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 6g