Tomato, Basil, Avocado, and Feta Stacks
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 avocados
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 red heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4ounces feta cheese
- 1cup fresh basil leaves
- With a small knife, cut the avocados in half crosswise. Remove the pits. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the avocado flesh in one piece from each half. Cut into thin slices crosswise. Lightly sprinkle tomatoes and avocado with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Cut the feta into thin slices. Layer the tomatoes, avocado, feta, and basil in stacks on plates.
Recipes and images excerpted from THE YUMMY MUMMY KITCHEN by Marina Delio. Copyright © 2013 by Marina Delio. Used with permission of HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers.