- 1loaf French bread
- -- Garlic cloves or minced garlic
- 1 1/2cups finely chopped tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds, seeded)
- 1/4cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4cup chopped onion
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 to 6-- fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
Preheat oven 450F. Slice French bread into thin slices and bake about 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and rub garlic clove across top.
In bowl, combine all remaining ingredients. When ready to serve, top toasted bread.
Tip: To seed tomatoes: cut tomato in half from side to side and gently squeeze tomato to watch seeds easily pop out.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 97
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 221mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 4g