Tomato Fish Soup with Israeli Couscous and Gremolata
- Yield: 2 servings
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 28-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 8ounces clam juice
- 2 tilapia filets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2tablespoons Israeli coucous
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until shimmering then add onion and half the garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add 1/3 of the chopped parsley, whole peeled tomatoes and their juice and clam juice. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- While the soup is simmering mix together remaining parsley, olive oil, and garlic along with lemon juice and pinch of red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add half the tilapia to the soup and cover with a lid and cook for 7 minutes or until tilapia has started to flake apart. Add remaining tilapia and Israeli coucous cover again and simmer for another 7 minutes. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper and serve topped with gremolata.
Recipe by Sydney Oland