Trattoria-Style Shrimp Fettuccine
Classic and quite simple to prepare, this shrimp and pasta dish can be served as a one-dish meal, thanks to the bag of fresh spinach that gets incorporated at the last minute.
- 12ounces fettucine or spaghetti
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 2cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1pound shelled and deveined large shrimp, tail part of shell left on if you like
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1/3cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta as label directs.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook 10 minutes or until golden and tender, stirring often.
- Add wine; increase heat to medium-high and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in clam juice and salt; heat to boiling.
- Stir in shrimp, and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque throughout.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet with spinach and parsley; toss to coat.
Reprinted with permission from 400 Calorie: Italian by Good Housekeeping. Hearst, 2013.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 350
- Fat 7 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 115 mg
- Sodium 515 mg
- Carbohydrate 46 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 24 g