Tri-Color Salad with Parmesan & Pine Nuts
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- 1head endive (about 1 1/2 cups), coarsely chopped
- 1head radicchio (about 3 cups), coarsely chopped
- 7ounces baby arugula (about 5 cups)
- 2tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1pinch kosher salt
- 1/3cup olive oil
- 1/3cup (about 1 ounce) coarsely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4cup (1 ounce) pine nuts, toasted
1. Combine all the lettuces in a large salad bowl and toss them together.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt. Pour the olive oil into the bowl in a steady stream, whisking continuously until the mixture is emulsified.
3. Drizzle some of the vinaigrette over the lettuces; add the Parmesan and pine nuts. Toss everything together with large salad tongs. Add more dressing bit by bit if needed.
Reprinted with permission by The Naptime Chef by Kelsey Banfield, Running Press, 2012