Triple-Citrus Ginger Black Cod
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
The versatile, delicious marinade is great with other fish, such as sea bass, salmon and halibut. You can also cook the fish on a grill. Wipe the marinade off the fillets and rub them with 1 teaspoon of light sesame oil. Grill over low, even heat for about 4 minutes per side, until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily and the center of each fillet registers 137ºF.
- 1/2cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-- orange, zested
- 1-- lemon, zested
- 1/2teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1pinch cayenne pepper
- 4-- 3.5-ounce black cod or wild salmon fillets, pinbones removed
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4cup fresh flat-leaf parsley or mint, coarsely chopped
1. In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, orange zest, lemon zest, ginger and cayenne. Set aside.
2. Place the cod in a baking dish and season each piece with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt. Pour half of the orange juice mixture over the cod and turn to coat well. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
4. Remove the cod from the refrigerator, uncover, and add 2 tablespoons of water to the bottom of the dish. Bake just until the fillets are tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of each fillet registers 137°F; it will take 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets.
5. Meanwhile, combine the remaining orange juice mixture and the mustard in a small saucepan over medium heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half. Pour the reduction over the fillets, sprinkle with the parsley, and serve immediately.
Used with permission from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery, by Rebecca Katz
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 130
- Fat 4.3
- Saturated Fat 0.7
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.6
- Sodium 370
- Carbohydrate 5
- Fiber 0
- Protein 18