Tropical Macadamia Bars
- Yield: 20 pieces
Perfect for school lunchboxes or snacks on the road, these nutty, gingery treats are meant to be enjoyed anywhere!
- 1/2cup chopped, unsulfured, unsweetened dried mango
- 1cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts
- 1teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/3cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2tablespoons raw honey
- If needed, place the mango in a bowl with hot water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until nuts are ground semi-fine but still slightly chunky.
- Place the mixture in a plastic-wrap-lined 8-by-8-inch pan.
- Drain the mangoes and add to the macadamia mixture, mixing them in by hand to evenly distribute.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on top of the mixture to prevent sticking and press down firmly to compress the mixture as much as you can to ensure that it sticks together.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. To hurry things along, you can place in the freezer for an hour or two.
- Cut into small bars or squares. Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days, or in the freezer up to 3 months.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Paleo Indulgences by Tammy Credicott. Victory Belt Publishing, 2012.