Tuscan-Style Penne with With Beans and Grilled Chicken and Basil
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8ounces Penne Rigate Pasta
- 1tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1teaspoon Garlic, Chopped
- 2 1/2cups Escarole, Coarsely Chopped
- 1/2cup Canned White Cannellini Beans, drained
- 4ounces Grilled Chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2cup Chicken broth
- 1teaspoon Chopped fresh Basil
- Cook the penne pasta al dente according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauteÅL until tender but not browned. Add the escarole, beans, chicken, and chicken broth and bring to a simmer, and then add the cooked pasta and cook until heated through.
- Transfer to individual bowls and sprinkle with the basil.
From the book Eat to Defeat Menopause by Dr. Mache Seibel and Karen Giblin. Reprinted by arrangement with Da Capo Lifelong, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright © 2011.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 258g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g
- Sodium 117mg
- Potassium 294mg
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Fiber 6g
- Protein 18g
- Calcium 53mg
- Iron 2mg