Vanilla Bean Glazed Donut Holes
- 15 x 10-inch sheet of parchment paper
- 1 1/2cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 2tablespoons amaranth flour
- 1/4teaspoon sodium-free baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3tablespoons coconut nectar
- 2tablespoons cocnut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla rice milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4teaspoon stevia powder
- 1/4cup mashed banana
- Vanilla bean Glaze
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1cup powdered erythritol
- 2teaspoons vanilla rice milk
- 1/8teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 vanilla bean, cut in half lengthwise and seeds scooped out and reserved
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper.
- To make the donut holes, whisk together the two flours, baking powder, nutmeg, guar gum and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle.
- Microwave the coconut nectar and coconut oil in a 2-cup measuring cup for 20 seconds. Add the rice milk, vanilla and stevia and stir to combine. Pour into the flour mixture, add the mashed banana and stir to combine.
- Take about 1/2 tablespoon of the dough and shape it into a ball. Place the ball on the prepared pan. Repeat until you have used up all the dough, placing the balls about 2 inches apart on the prepared pan.
- Bake the donut holes for 11 to 12 minutes, or until they are a light golden brown and bounce back slightly to the touch. Rotate the pan from front to back after about 9 minutes of baking.
- Transfer the pan from the oven to a wire rack and let sit for 10 minutes before removing the donut holes to cool completely.
To make the vanilla bean glaze:
- microwave the coconut oil and coconut nectar in a measuring cup for 20 seconds. Add the powdered erythritol, vanilla rice milk and salt and stir to combine. Next add the vanilla bean seeds and mix well.
- Frost the donut holes with the glaze and place them on the wire rack to set. Keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.