Vegan Bean, Pepper, and Broccoli Pizza
- 1 frozen vegan pizza crust shell
- Bean Base
- 1 can Romano beans
- 1 1/2teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thinly
- 1head Broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Meanwhile, strain and rinse beans. Add beans to pan and sauté until browned.
- While beans are browning, heat olive oil in a separate pan. Once hot, add onion and peppers and sauté until softened.
- When beans are browned, remove pan from heat and place beans in a food processor with remaining ingredients for bean base.
- Schmear bean base onto your choice of crust and add pizza toppings, including sautéed peppers and onions, as well as raw broccoli
- Bake at 425F for 10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown, or according to directions on the pizza crust package.
Sisters Riley and Caitlin have been blogging for over 3 years on their blog Kitchen Grrrls, which features vegan recipes ranging from simple meals, to fancy desserts, and even the occasional restaurant review. The Kitchen Grrrls hope to inspire readers to engage in healthy eating through a sustainable vegan diet – join them on their vegan food journey.