Vegan Blueberry and White Chocolate Cupcakes
The white chocolate in these delicious cupcakes pairs wonderfully with blueberries, but feel free to use strawberries, raspberries, or any other type of berry you desire.
- 1cup self-rising flour
- 1/2cup caster sugar (also known as superfine sugar)
- 1/4cup melted vegan margarine
- 3/4cup soy milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 100grams vegan white chocolate, chopped finely
- 1/3cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius (fan-forced) and line a muffin tray with 12 patty pans. (You can spray oil the patty pans if desired)
- In a bowl, add sifted S.R flour and sugar and stir to combine to prevent clumps.
- Add the margarine, soy milk, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar and beat with a wooden spoon until very smooth.
- Add in the white chocolate and stir until evenly distributed.
- Now, add in the blueberries and stir ONCE around the bowl – this will allow the blueberries to be distributed through the cupcake mixture but also keep a nice bluey/purpley juice swirl through your mixture. Then, your cupcakes with have streaks of colour.
- Distribute the mixture carefully between your 12 patty pans (about 2-tablespoon portions per patty pan).
- Bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes until the top bounces back when touched or a skewer comes out clean from the centre of the cupcake.
Recipe courtesy of the Australian couple Madison and Jerome, who run the vegan blog Veggieful. While Madison is the writer and cook, Jerome is the photographer and graphic designer. The site incorporates a cute and pretty design with delicious recipes that are easy to make and cruelty-free. They aim to reduce the cruelty in the world caused from the meat, dairy and egg industires by providing vegan recipes and information in a fun and happy way.