Vegan Lunchbox Muffins
- 1box Trader Joe's Cornbread Mix
- 2. 1 egg replacer = 1 Tb. ground flax seeds + 3 Tb. warm water
- 1/2cup oil (canola, coconut or sunflower oil)
- 3/4cup soy milk, original flavor
- 2-3 vegan breakfast sausage links, cut into 1/4
- 1/3cup shredded carrots
- 1/2cup lightly steamed broccoli florets
- Prepare egg replacer by mixing together ground flax seeds and warm water in a small bowl. Set aside to let it “gel” up.
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix together boxed cornbread mix, oil, soy milk and prepared egg replacer until just combined. Do not over mix! Stir in sausage, carrots and broccoli.
- Spray a muffin tin (use various sizes for fun!) with non-stick cooking spray. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full of cornbread batter. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one muffin comes out clean. They should be slightly golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Creighton, author and founder of Veggie Kids, is raising three veggie-loving boys in the San Francisco Bay Area along with her husband. She’s the author of a children’s book, “The Boy Who Loved Broccoli”, and a brand new eBook, “Plants Only: A Complete Vegan Two Week Meal Plan”.