Vegan Maple Walnut Bars
- 1.5cups Pamela's Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1/2cup coconut oil
- 1/2cup maple syrup
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2cup finely chopped walnuts
- walnut halves for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 9″ baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a standmixer or large bowl, beat together the coconut oil and maple syrup until smooth. Add the flour and baking soda and combine. Finally stir in the chopped walnuts (do this with a spoon if using a standmixer.)
- Scoop the batter into the baking tin and pat down until evenly distributed. Place 9 walnut halves, evenly spaced, in a grid pattern into the batter. Bake for approximately 30 mins.
Elizabeth Minett is a dessert and fashion blogger, food photographer, and model who shares all-things-sweet and stylish at Haut Appetit. Follow her on Twitter at @hautappetit.