Vegan Red Beans and Oats Burger
This burger is made of beans, oats, and a variety of veggies.
- 2cups red kidney beans
- 1medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2small carrots, diced
- 1bunch fresh cilantro/coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2cup instant oats
- 1teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- salt - to taste
- few tbsp of rice bran oil - for shallow frying
1. In a bowl, mash the beans.
2. Add veggies to the beans and oats. Mix well and season with chili powder, cumin powder and salt. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to blend.
3. Make patties and freeze for at least an hour or until ready to use. These freeze great for using later.
4. When ready to cook, heat a few teaspoons of oil in a pan and cook each patty on low heat for 5-6 mins on each side. Carefully flip them on each side once or twice for even cooking. Drain on paper towels.
Note: Any kind of legumes work for this recipe.
Bio: Recipe courtesy of Siri, an obsessed foodie, avid food blogger and passionate photographer. She writes about her favorite recipes, culinary adventures and reviews local restaurants on her food blog, Cooking With Siri. She believes in farmer’s markets, growing her own food and eating responsibly & locally.