- Yield: 8 servings
- 1/2cup long-grain converted rice
- 3cups water
- 1package extra-firm tofu, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2cup grated peeled carrots
- 1/2cup gluten-free dry bread crumbs
- 1/2cup shredded lactose-free mozzarella cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1/2teaspoon gluten-free hot pepper sauce
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, combine rice and water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in tofu, carrots, bread crumbs, cheese, soy sauce, ginger and hot pepper sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mash until thoroughly combined. Shape into 8 same-size patties.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, cook patties for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until heated through.
Excerpted from The Complete IBS Health & Diet Guide by Dr. Maitreyi Raman, Angela Sirounis, Jennifer Shrubsole © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 127
- Fat 3 g
- Saturated Fat trace
- Cholesterol 1 mg
- Sodium 410 mg
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Sugars 2 g
- Protein 7 g
- Vitamin A 172 RAE
- Vitamin C 1 mg
- Calcium 144 mg
- Iron 1 mg