- Yield: 8 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1cup chopped onion
- 1-- red bell pepper, cored, chopped
- 1cup sliced mushrooms
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 2-- (5-ounce) packages yelllow rice
- -- Water (according to rice package directions)
- 1cup chopped tomatoes
- 1-- (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1-- (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed or frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/2teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon dried basil leaves
- In large nonstick pot, heat oil. Add onion, red pepper, mushrooms and garlic; sauté 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add rice and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 to 25 minutes, until rice is done.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook until heated through.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg's Trim & Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites: Over 250 Easy Recipes from My Louisiana Kitchen, 2008..
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 227
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 668mg
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 9g