Veggie-tize Your Omelet
- Yield: 1 servings
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2cup broccoli and/or cauliflower, chopped
- 1whole egg
- 1-- egg white
- 2tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4cup tomato, diced
- -- Herbs for seasoning (e.g. basil, oregano, cilantro, parsley)
- Whisk whole egg and egg white gently in small bowl.
- In a small nonstick skillet, sauté onions in olive oil. Add broccoli and/or cauliflower and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook until set.
- Gently flip, add cheese and dried or fresh herbs. Cook until bottom is slightly golden. Gently fold omelet in half. Top with tomatoes and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 403
- Cholesterol 223mg
- Sodium 336mg
- Fiber 4