Warm Dijon Potato Salad
- Yield: 6 servings
We season this warm potato salad with plenty of zesty red onion, Dijon mustard, and slightly sweet cider vinegar—a winning combination.
- 2pounds small red potatoes, each cut into quarters
- 1 1/2teaspoons salt
- 2stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 1/4cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- In 4-quart saucepan, place potatoes, enough water to cover, and 1 teaspoon salt; heat to boiling over high. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover saucepan and simmer potatoes about 8 minutes or until just fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together celery, red onion, cider vinegar, Dijon, remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper.
- Drain potatoes well, then add hot potatoes to bowl with celery mixture. With rubber spatula, gently toss to coat thoroughly.
- Spoon potato salad into serving bowl; sprinkle the top with parsley and serve warm.
Reprinted with permission from 400 Calorie Series: Chicken by Good Housekeeping. Hearst, 2013.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 150
- Fat 1 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 370 mg
- Carbohydrate 33 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 4 g