Warm Honey Lemon Curd over Strawberries
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4large eggs
- 1/2cup sugar, preferably organic washed cane sugar
- 5tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4cup honey
- 1 1/2teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1pinch fine sea salt
- 6tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- In a heavy, medium-sized saucepan over low heat, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, honey, lemon zest, and salt and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Add the butter and continue to cook, stirring, until the lemon curd is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Strain the lemon curd through a sieve and serve warm over the strawberries.
Reprinted with permission from the publisher, Harper Collins, from Fresh Food Fast by Peter Berley. Copyright 2013.