Vegan Coconut Whipped Cream
For this recipe, purchase a can of full-fat can coconut cream. Do not use a can with guar gum listed as an ingredient, as this will inhibit your whip! Also, do not use a light coconut version—the full fat is needed for full creamy texture. (If you cannot find coconut cream, you can use coconut milk. In this case, refrigerate the can, turn it upside down, open it from bottom and pour out the liquid, then use only the solid cream portion for the rest of the recipe.)
- 1can (15-oz) coconut cream (not coconut milk or cream of coconut)
- 2–3tablespoons powdered sugar, pure can sugar, maple syrup, or Stevia to taste
- 1/2–1teaspoon pure organic vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- Refrigerate coconut cream for 6-8 hours overnight.
- Open the can of coconut cream and place the entire contents in a food processor, or, if using an electric mixer, chill the beaters and mixing bowl in the freezer for 5 minutes before whipping at medium speed. Whip until fluffy.
- Add in sweetener and vanilla; whip again until stiff peaks form. Taste for sweetness, and add sweetener or vanilla as needed. Serve immediately or keep refrigerated for up to a week. Re-whip to fluff before serving again.
This vegan whipped topping is the ideal adornment for any holiday dessert, or you can use it as a special breakfast topper! We love it paired with Hail Merry Gluten-Free Vegan Macaroons as a grab-and-go parfait for busy mornings or atop a luscious Miracle Tart after dinner.
Recipe originally appeared at HailMerry.com.