White Chocolate Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Yield: 16 to 20 servings
- Almond Glaze:
- 1tablespoon skim milk
- 1cup confectioners sugar
- 1teaspoon almond extract
- 1cup white chocolate chips
- 6tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4cups sugar
- 2-- eggs
- 1-- egg white
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1/2cup chopped pecans, optional
- 2cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- To prepare the glaze: In small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- To prepare the cake: Preheat oven 350F. Coat Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips in microwave 1 minute; stir until melted and cool slightly.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and melted white chocolate, mixing well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk just until combined. Add pecans, if desired. Pour half of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries over batter; top with remaining batter and swirl carefully with knife.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, invert on serving plate. Drizzle with Almond Glaze.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age (2010).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 239
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 31mg
- Sodium 155mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 4g