Whole-Wheat Spaghetti with Clams, Lemon and Peas
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound whole-wheat pasta
- 2tablespoons butter
- 4cloves garlic, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2cup white wine
- 3 dozen clams, rinsed and scrubbed
- 2cups frozen peas
- 1/2cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, then cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet with a tight fitting lid melt the butter over medium high heat. Once butter has melted add garlic and lemon zest and cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes then add white wine and bring to a simmer, and reduce by half.
- Add clams to the wine mixture and cover with a tight fitting lid, steam the clams until they are open, about 8 minutes. Discard any clams that are not open.
- Remove the clams using tongs and bring remaining liquid to a simmer and reduce by half. Add frozen peas and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place clams and cooked pasta back in the liquid ad toss with parsley.
Recipe by Sydney Oland.