Wild lettuce wraps!
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2cups wild rice mix
- 2 3/4cups vegetable broth
- 1pound chicken breast tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1-- shallot, finely chopped
- 1-- carrot, finely chopped
- 1-- celery, finely chopped
- 8ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved
- 2tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 1/2cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/4cup chopped parsley
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1head Boston lettuce
1. Rinse rice under cold water. Place rice in slow cooker bowl and add the broth, chicken, shallot, carrot and celery. Cover and cook on LOW for about 5 hours or until rice kernels are open but not mushy.
2. Remove cover and stir in snap peas, vinegar, walnuts, parsley, salt and pepper.
3. Remove 12 small bowl-shaped leaves from head of lettuce; rinse and pat dry. Spoon about 1/2 cup rice mixture into each lettuce cup and serve.