Wild Salmon, Asparagus, and Shiitakes in Parchment
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 8ounces medium asparagus (about 1/2 bunch), trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges for serving
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 skinless wild salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 1/4cup water
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut four 12-by-17-inch pieces of parchment. Fold each in half crosswise to make a crease, then unfold and lay flat.
- Toss mushrooms, asparagus, and scallions with oil in a bowl. Sprinkle with lemon zest, and season with salt and pepper. Remove asparagus from mixture; divide evenly among parchment pieces, creating a bed of spears on one side of crease. Top each with 1 piece of fish, then with mushroom mixture. Drizzle each
- serving with 1 tablespoon water. Fold parchment over ingredients, creating a half-moon shape. Make small overlapping pleats to seal the open sides.
- Bake on 2 rimmed baking sheets until packets are puffed, 9 minutes (fish should be partially opaque in the middle). Open packets, squeeze with lemon, and serve immediately.
Reprinted from the book CLEAN SLATE by the Editors of Martha Stewart Living. Copyright ©2014 by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. Photographs copyright ©2014 by Raymond Hom. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House LLC, a Penguin Random House Company.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 378
- Fat 23 g
- Cholesterol 78 mg
- Carbohydrate 12 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 31 g