Yucatans Chicken with Peach-Avocado Salsa
- Yield: 6 servings
- 6-- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 4teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 1medium orange, juiced
- 1-- lime, juiced
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Peach Avocado Salsa:
- 1whole fresh peach, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1small avocado peeled, pitted and diced
- 1medium tomato, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4cup diced jicama
- 3tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- Place chicken in shallow glass dish; rub all sides with garlic pepper seasoning. Pour orange and lime juices over chicken; drizzle with olive oil. Crush oregano with fingers and sprinkle over chicken. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place in large nonstick frypan over medium heat. Sauté, turning, about 12 minutes or until lightly browned and fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. Serve topped with Peach-Avocado Salsa; garnish with lime slices.
- In medium bowl, mix together peach, avocado, tomato, jicama; red onion and cilantro. In small bowl, whisk together red pepper flakes, lime juice and olive oil; pour into peach-avocado mixture, stirring gently.