Yummy Yam Praline Coffee Cake
- Yield: 16 servings
- 2tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2cup plus 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 2tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2cups biscuit baking mix
- 1-- 15-ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and mashed or 1 cup mashed Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes)
- 1/3cup skim milk
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven 400F. Coat 9 x 9 x 2-square baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In bottom of prepared pan, mix together butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar and corn syrup. Spread mixture evenly in pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together biscuit baking mix, sweet potatoes, and milk until dough forms a ball. Turn dough onto surface heavily dusted with baking mix and roll or pat into 12-inch long rectangle.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle brown sugar mixture and cranberries evenly over dough. Roll up dough jellyroll style from longer side. Cut crosswise into one-inch pieces and arrange sitting on top of the pecan mixture in pan. Dough will spread when baking.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately run knife around sides and invert onto serving plate, scraping any brown sugar mixture from pan to top cake.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age (2010).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 184
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 4mg
- Sodium 254mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 16g
- Protein 2g