Zucchini Carrot Bread
- Yield: 20 servings
Several times I've taken this bread to our office staff meeting, and people seem to love it.
- -- Cooking spray
- 2-- eggs
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 2cups sugar
- 1cup grated zucchini (1 medium)
- 1cup grated carrots (2 medium)
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2cup shredded coconut
- 1cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 2 (8 x 4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, carrots and vanilla; mix well. Sift the dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture. Stir until just blended.
- Fold in coconut and pecans. Divide mixture between prepared pans.
- Bake 1 hour, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean. Let cool in the pans 15 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Makes 2 loaves (16 slices each).