Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Prep: 40 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 1large zucchini, unpeeled
- 1teaspoon kosher salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4cup Marinara Sauce (no sugar added)
- 2ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1ounce Spanish chotizo, thinly sliced
- Slice zucchini into 1/2-inch slices. Place on a large plate and sprinkle with salt. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Rinse the zucchini slices in a colander and pat dry with paper towels. Spread on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray. Bake 10 minutes on each side, until tender and lightly browned.
- Spoon a dollop of marinara sauce on top of each zucchini slice. Top with cheese and a slice of chorizo. Return to the hot oven for about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Vered started her blog, healthyrecipesblog.com, two years ago, when she decided to keep her family as healthy as possible by preparing healthier versions of her old recipes. The blog was first intended for her family’s private use, but when a family member suggested that lots of people could use delicious, healthy recipes, Vered made it into a public blog.